Senior Design Engineer (Temporary Works)
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
Project: Central Technical Services Team
Taylor Woodrow are recruiting a Senior Design Engineer to join their central design team based in Watford. Reporting to the Head of Technical Expertise, the Senior Design Engineer will be responsible for the provision of Temporary Works design and check services to VINCI companies.
- Provide engineering solutions at pre-construction and construction phases across our projects.
- Develop and supervise graduates within the department.
- Providing temporary works design for bridges, viaducts, geotechnics, structural alterations and railway civil engineering.
- Implement the company procedure for Control of Temporary Works.
- Carry out audits of the Temporary Works process.
- Carry out training in the control of Temporary Works.
- Support the Designated Individual (BS 5975) in the design process.
- Define and solve engineering problems.
- Lead design solutions.
- Lead the health and safety aspects of design and design checks.
- Maintain the quality of design and design check output.
- Previous experience in the design of temporary works
- Chartered Engineering status is advantageous
- Degree qualified and working towards institute membership (ICE)
- Experience in utilities, earthworks, heavy structures and/or drainage
To apply for this role, please send your CV quoting reference IW-TWD to email@example.com